The World Alliance of Airway Management is a not-for-profit grouping that acts as a conduit for:
- Future World Airway Management Meetings [WAMM].
- Local, National and International Airway Societies – (guidelines, statements, advertising, meetings, airway issues).
- A link between Airway Societies, special interest groups, airway fellowships, training courses.
The objectives of WAAM will be:
- To provide a link between Airway Societies, Special Interest Groups, Airway Fellowships, Training Centres and Airway Related Charities.
- To act as a central location for Local, National and International Airway Societies, Guidelines, Statements, Airway Related topics, Research projects, Research opportunities and Grants.
- To establish effective relationships with other organisations concerned with Airway Management.
- To act as a central reference to Industry partners involved in Airway Management.
- To serve as an educational centre for ongoing webinars and web based educational activities.
- To choose the location, administer and co-ordinate with local teams/hosts for the quadrennial WAMM (World Airway Management Meeting) Conference.
Brief History of the World Airway Management Meeting
2019 Amsterdam, Netherlands
2015 Dublin, Ireland
Following the inaugural WAMM 2015 in Dublin the 2nd edition of the meeting in 2019 was hosted by the Difficult Airway Society (DAS), the Society for Airway Management (SAM) and the European Airway Management Society (EAMS) in Amsterdam. The World Airway Management Meeting includes an eclectic programme of lectures, workshops and social events for a world-wide and world-class meeting.